Strange behaviour of the game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Ergie, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

• Version: Alpha 2a
    • Circumstances: Just reject the waiting leader, and press Turn Execution
    • What happened: Game pseudo-hanged. I was able to click on the starmap, and even leave the game. But the turn execution halted. Looks like I was playing as another civ. Tested twice, same result. Third time, turn passed, but in the next one I got the same behaviour. Strange.
    • What you expected to happen: Just one more turn
    • Steps: Just Load the autosave and press turn....
    • Include the savegame: Done
    • Send us the output_log.txt file: Done
    • Check the in-game debug console: Too late for me, sorry
    Looks similar to the bugs reported by Konstantine btw. Hope this helps. As you can see, I have selected Sol System, as the tooltip says range 32 parsecs. In this Screenshot the game is frozen, but responsive to mouse clicks.

ss.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

One question Ergie, your custom race, the Dasser Empire, is from an older version, you created it during the time of Alpha 1b (or Alpha 2), correct?

For the game to work you will need to delete all the custom races that you currently have in the game pior to Alpha 2a. You can find them here: C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\Races\

Alternatively, just delete them in the New Game screen one by one.

From what I'm seeing that's the problem. Please delete your old custom races (not created with Alpha 2a) and then you should not have this problem. Then you can create all the new ones you need.

As for your current game, I'm afraid it's busted :/ You'll need to delete your custom races and start a new game.

Let me know how it went.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Ergie

Ergie Cadet

I didnt remember that race. Lol. Just created It for testing time algo, and totally forgot.
    Anyway I thought that step was necessary if I wanted to play with these custom races created previously. Sorry then. I'll test again during the weekend.
    Thanks!!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

My fault, as I previously said in the release post that older custom races (created with previous versions) could work, but they don't. I changed the text to clarify that older custom races don't work either if you play with them or the AI plays them! :)

\Edit: And thanks for the detailed bug report by the way!

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.