Surrender - a new diplomatic option

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Kharn, Jan 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Hi, the game is great and it has the spirit of the Master of Orion series.

it is not a big problem or bug itself but, when I lost all my ships and control of the planet systems except outposts the game should report that i was conquered.

And also I have suggestion for further implementation.
    The player or/and AI should be able to surrender (as one of diplomatic option) when conflict is not going well.

Best and keep up good work.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi Kharn, thanks for the kind words, and welcome to the forums!

The game does require all outposts to be conquered in order for an empire to be removed from the game. There's pros and cons of requiring that. However, these days I'm inclined to agree that when you lose all colonies you should probably lose the game, even if you have outposts left.

It can be argued that a colony can still rebel a couple turns later after being conquered, but for the sake of simplification it probably should only require colonies to be conquered to remove a player from the game. I'll consider implementing this for the next update.

As for your 'Surrender' suggestion, yes, that is something that will probably get in at some point, where the AI surrenders to the human player or to other AIs. We'll see.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  3. Kharn

Kharn Lieutenant

Hi Adam, thanks for the quick reply, I can't wait for the next updates, the game has great potential.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.