The Essentials Series on Interstellar Space: Genesis (Videos)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam Solo, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

@aReclusiveMind, one of the writers for ISG and member of our community, is producing an "Essentials series on Interstellar Space: Genesis" to talk about the game's mechanics. The first episode is about planetary engineering. More episodes coming soon!

Planetary Engineering

Combat Technologies and Ship Design

Leader Management

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Episode 2 focusing on Combat Technologies and Ship Design is now live!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2019
  3. Adam Solo

A new video has been added. Learn all about managing those pesky leaders in this new video on Leader Management. Traits, skills, desires, opinions and more are covered.

4. JOM

JOM Ensign

no new videos?

5. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Hi JOM. Thank you for asking about them. No, not yet. Since the game is getting a bit of a graphical overhaul, any new videos would quickly be outdated at this point. Also, since those were produced, I've taken on a design role and my efforts have been focused on that aspect of the game as of late. I do hope to produce some additional videos in the future though. I am very pleased that so many people found them helpful.

6. JOM

JOM Ensign

while the game is quite accessable IMO, these videos are very fun to watch for fans. Also for the casual gamer, they should serve as buying help. Do you intend a rework on the older videos when you are ready with the new graphics? I think you should also put up a series with a full letsplay. While there are some on the net, they are mostly reviews or previews and not that high quality.

7. Vovchigus

Vovchigus Cadet

The Essentials Series is great! Please continue when graphical overhaul is finished.

A couple of full (till Victory) Let's Play with devs comments would be also great. It could:
    1. Promote the game to the new players
    2. Show new players strategy, tactics and decision making in different situations.
    3. Show veterans some unobvious tips and tricks.
    4. Tell us and show the story of different game design decisions you've made and share your thoughts about it.
    5. Promote your Youtube channel

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1