Hot posts in thread: Tolerant Question

1. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

D'oh, for some reason I suddenly forgot beams had a minimum damage > 1. That makes more sense especially with the min damage multiplied for the spinal mount.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

At 25+ squares the spinal mount beam weapon keeps doing a consistent amount of damage, as if it were 25 range (and it's not 4% damage drop per square). It's as if the beam potency doesn't get reduced further after that point for spinal mount.

3. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

So at 25+ squares a spinal mount beam weapon does 0 damage (4% damage drop per square)?

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes, spinal mount beam weapons have damage reduced with range. The damage drops off at normal rate for beam weapons, i.e. non-HV.

5. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

@aReclusiveMind Ah, so it means exactly what it says--I didn't think of it applying to the just to the population malus racial pick.

An unrelated question--spinal mount weapons have unlimited range, but a spinal mount beam weapon still shows min and max damage--do spinal mount beam weapons still have damage reduced with range? If so, is the drop off at the same rate as a HVY beam weapon or what?

6. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Tolerant allows a race which has a negative population growth trait (-25/50% POP Growth) to ignore that penalty when in an ideal biome and gravity.

The Moltar are a good example of this. They have -50% POP Growth, but because they are also Tolerant, this penalty is not applied when they are living in ideal conditions (like their homeworld).

7. PlotinusRedux

PlotinusRedux Lieutenant

The Tolerant racial attribute says "Negative pop growth from race eliminated for pops in ideal biome and gravity."

I thought that would referred to the penalty for "pop pressure", but playing a custom race I'm still getting that penalty for my home planet which of course has an ideal biome and gravity.

So what does it mean?