Typo on leader dialogue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by medway, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medway

medway Lieutenant

Should be "my people and I".

typo.png

Also is the request for a 0T defense fleet correct?

A few turns after this I got a message his desire was met without me doing anything.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

We'll fix the typo.

That desire should have been going for 21 turns as they start with a 30 turn deadline for you to assemble the defense fleet. the 0T just means that you did not have enough firepower there yet and you need to have 6 destroyers and 1 frigate, or equivalent firepower there for at least 5 turns for the desire to be fulfilled.

A few turns later maybe you built a cruiser there or a couple destroyers, or some fleet arrived there which led the desire to be fulfilled? If you have a save of around the time of that screenshot that would be great so we could check if something did not work as intended.

Thanks!

3. medway

medway Lieutenant

I didn't build anything yet just a building or two might have completed though.

Here's the earliest save I've got from 5 turns from where I am now. Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

4. Adam Solo

Thanks for the save. I believe the desire was unfulfilled. It was Eroxioph's desire right? What probably happened is that the time you had to provide the defense fleet expired and then the desire was set to unfulfilled. If you check the black bubble in Eroxioph's leader, you will see the desire was unfulfilled.

I suppose the desire's text isn't clear, as another player has reported having issues understanding what needed to be done and what would cause the desire to be fulfilled or unfulfilled.

We'll revise the wording to see if it becomes more clear.

5. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi Adam thanks for the explanation. And yes, it shows it unfulfilled in his stats screen. I thought the notification bubble on the right side said fulfilled but maybe I didn't notice the 'un' in front of it. Will watch out again next time just to make sure.

6. medway

medway Lieutenant

Btw is there an event log that I can check to see all the notifications that came up each turn?

7. Adam Solo

There isn't.

8. DiscoJer

DiscoJer Cadet

It definitely says "fulfilled" when a request goes unfulfilled.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Adam Solo

Ok, I'll look into that.

10. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Hi @Adam Solo

With the defense fleet desire, check the following.

Look at the screenshot at the start of the thread, I had something similar. see the number of DDs being requested? I think that is a bug. I got a similar message early on and thought to myself there was no way to construct that many ships quickly, I didn't have to, Five turns after I put the equivalent of one DD and one FF in place, the desire was fulfilled.

11. Adam Solo

The requested ships are an example, so if you can amass an equivalent force, even a single Cruiser with equivalent firepower to those 7 ships can do the trick. Or, a couple new generation destroyers. The requested fleet says 6 DDs and 1 Frigate MK2 FF, or equivalent firepower. The key is the "equivalent firepower".

However, if you think you managed to fulfill that request with just on of the requested DDs and 1 FF, then it's probably a bug. Please check if the DD and FF you sent were of the designs that the desire mentioned.

If you have a save before the desire is fulfilled that would help imensily. Thanks.

12. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

Have a quick look Adam if you can, I only had a single design of DD and FF as I scrapped the starting FF, the desire got fulfilled with only 3 FF. She was asking for multiple DDs and one FF.

i'll see if I have a save tonight, if not, I'm sure it will be easy to replicate

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Adam Solo

Yes, I confirm this. It said fulfilled even when the desire was unfulfilled. It's fixed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.