Unable to postpone colony base deployment

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Starling, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Starling

Starling Cadet

Let's image a star system with three planets: X (Terran, large) and Y (Terran, tiny), Z (Icid, large). Building a colony base on X to colonize Z, I completely forgotten that don't have an icid plannet colonization technology. However, having a colony base built (and a habitable planet in the system - here Y, which I'm not interested) and don't have a chance to postpone its creation (to make a necessary research) - the "next turn" button is blocked. It is required to load a previous (auto) save and put something else to the queue. Maybe a colony base deployment could be an optional activity, reminded in every turn until fulfilled?

Tested with ISG 1.3.3.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

The colony base construction action should not block the next turn button. If the project is no longer possible, it should get automatically cancelled in the meantime, and you'll be reimbursed a percentage of the production applied so far. If that's not the case in some special situation let me know with a save and I'll have a look at it.

Now, if you can build a colony base in a system and order one to be built (and don't cancel it in the meantime), then you will need to choose a site for the construction when the project finishes, so it's not optional in that regard. Being reminded every turn about the project would not be desirable either. So, the behavior is working as intended. However, if you see a blocked end turn with no possibility of building a colony base let me know as that would be a bug.

3. Starling

Starling Cadet

> However, if you see a blocked end turn with no possibility of building a colony base let me know as that would be a bug.

That's not the case. I was only not able to postpone building a colony once it was finished and I realized that I have no technology to colonize my desired plan, but only some tiny one.

Nevertheless, thanks to an automatic auto save enabled by default, it is not a big deal.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1