Unexpected space culture level up

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by dmitryme, Jul 11, 2021.

1. dmitryme

dmitryme Cadet

Please see the attached save of turn 24. Here the top panel says that I still have to wait for 8 turns for the next culture level up. But instead this happens on the very next turn. I am not aware of any mechanic which can do that.

The only other thing happening on turn 25 is I finish researchng "Planetary Supercomputer" and I also finish one of my remote explorations. Also I have a 10% early breakthrough chance, maybe it can make such an effect?

The level up reliably reproduces eachtime I load the turn 24 autosave and hit "next turn" button. The game's version is 1.3.4.

Attached Files:

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi, thanks for the report and for providing the save.

That culture level up happened because while there were still 8 turns to go for the next cultural advancement, you made a tech breakthrough in the meantime, which converts a small percentage of the RPs from that breakthrough into culture points (SCPs). This is quite an old feature that is in the game since the beginning. The idea is that your tech progression also helps your cultural advancement, but only in small amounts, when you make a tech breakthrough.

I realize this feature is probably not documented anywhere yet. So, I'll have a look at that in a next opportunity.

3. dmitryme

dmitryme Cadet

Thank you for explaining that feature. I guess the hardest part will be finding place where it can be documented, as otherwise culture is quite intuitive and does not need a description.