When does the Airspace Nexus apply?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KarasLegacy, Jun 23, 2020.

1. KarasLegacy

KarasLegacy Ensign

I want to check something. So an enemy fleet comes in to my territory. I have two options:

1) I can attack the fleet, and have initiative.
    2) I can not attack. The enemy fleet will then select a planet and will start a fight. They have initiative.

My question is....do I get any use of the Airspace Nexus line of buildings if I use option1? Or am I forced to give up initiative in order to get its benefit?

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

To benefit from the Airspace Nexus the fight needs to happen in the planet where the building is.

3. KarasLegacy

KarasLegacy Ensign

Ok that makes sense, though I will say that does significantly reduces its utility, as late game initiative is very important (often battle deciding).

Might I suggest that the building also provide an initiative bonus, so that way you can allow the attacker to come to you but still get the initiative advantage.

4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Well, if you have a leader with good initiative defending the system, more than the attacker's, then you will have the initiative and move first.

5. KarasLegacy

KarasLegacy Ensign

True, but the attacker could also just bring a hero with initiative, and we are back where we started.

My argument would be, the purpose of the building is to provide the defender a strong advantage. However, you have to give up one major advantage (initiative) to gain another, which seems counterintuitive for a building. Considering that you already have to have a nexus in every planet of a system to really gain an advantage (otherwise the enemy can always select the planet with no nexus to force a fight without the bonus)...I think its reasonable that the defender should also get the initiative advantage as well.