Where is the End Game with Antares and flying to a huge overpower external force?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xantus, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Xantus

Xantus Cadet

Hi,

until now i really like the game.. With this triangle about eco and production infrastructure. All good ideas.

However i miss the overpowered end game.

Regards,

Will this be added ?

2. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

I would like to see something like this, an end game crisis that can act as an additional victory condition.

Obviously it would not, and should not, be a carbon copy of MoO2s Antarians, but rather a similar occurrence better tied into the existing ISG universe and its scattered bits of lore.

There are two main qualifiers though.

Due to the many options available on how the game is played, this menace can't be triggered in a stationary manner. Some players play with tech accelerated, others the opposite, therefore the game should strive to avoid having this event become laughably easy or downright impossible based on the parameters set by the player (because it always triggers after X number of turns).

The other qualifier is that it should be a player only option. I played MoO2 more times than I can remember, and not once do I recall the AIs taking the fight to Antares. This was sweet. Sometimes I knew the game was won, and taking Antares out was an excellent way to close the session versus stomping the hapless aliens. Once I was actually behind and losing, but a desperate attack on Antares by my forces (as my worlds were being taken), snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Good times.

Here with ISG, and my particular play-style, it often comes down to fighting my way to victory, especially now with the surrender mechanic, which in my opinion triggers too easily (but that's another topic). As a result, I have almost no way of winning by council vote , (which I almost always lose), and have to fight my way to victory. Another option would be most welcome. If that option however is taken by an AI, (which in most of my sessions would be the case as they stay far more advanced and powerful than my own faction throughout the game), then I would be right back to refusing to accept the winner, (as I do when I lose the council vote), and having to fight till the end.

It's a great game mind you, the type that I will come back to often, however what @Xantus discusses, would make it even better.

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1