Planet info when colonizing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by medway, Nov 4, 2018.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

Ok sounds good will wait for the hotfix.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Let us know if the issue of not seeing the planet labels was fixed with the hotfix.

3. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks will let you know looks like a great update.

Unfortunately on my laptop there is no change in the memory usage. It starts up at 2Gb when at the main screen. When I create a game it goes back up to 4.2Gb (with 4 players, if I select 2 then it's 3.8Gb).

4. medway

medway Lieutenant

Just checked and still experiencing that issue with the labels not showing.

5. Adam Solo

Strange. In a test on a laptop with an Intel HD 4600 here I could see a significant memory reduction. Can you please confirm that you're launching the hotfix version on your laptop? I ask this because the memory reduction values you report on your desktop do match with that we were expecting.

Ok. Could you please update your graphics card drivers to see if the problem still persists? Can you confirm that you have the ATI Radeon R9 270X card?

6. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi Adam. Yes it's the hotfix, I also made sure that the Nvidia app was correctly identifying the new .exe as well (otherwise the laptop uses the Intel 400 card).

I'll update the drivers too (yes it's an R9 270X).

Cheers

7. Adam Solo

Where do you get the label issue? Is it in the laptop or desktop? And, could you confirm which card you have in each system?

8. medway

medway Lieutenant

Dekstop. All of my playing has been there due to the memory issue on the laptop.

Desktop R9 270x
    Laptop Nvidia NVS 5400M

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

Ok, about the planet labels, update the drivers or reinstall the drivers and then, if the problem still occurs we'll iterate, we'll try a few things and send you a build via weTransfer or some other way. Thanks for the support !

10. Mezmorki

Mezmorki Ensign

Yes, +1 for this suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Adam Solo

If I understood correctly, you'd like to have a way to colonize directly from inside the system view. To give the colonization order and then be able to pick the planet to colonize just like when you do when you come from the galaxy map. If that's so, we'll see what we can do.
    Could you clarify what you mean with "Now, the information is NOT shown!". What information?

The game asks a security question when you try to colonize. Not when you build an outpost though. We will implement a security question for outposts as well. Was that the issue? Or do you not get a security question for colonization attempts as well? If that's the case then that's a bug. Let us know.

12. Mezmorki

Mezmorki Ensign

Yes, exactly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

What I mean with colonizing icon is this:
    colonize.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

And what I meant with the missing information is this:

The info popup when being normally in a system:
    before.jpg

The info popup when the colonize/outpost button in galaxyview was pressed:
    after.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

Yes, thanks!

And for the other questions, I posted pics above. Hope this is making it clearer!

16. Adam Solo

Yes, the colonization summary tooltip shows everytime, when you can colonize that planet that is. For outpost ships it just says that "You can build an outpost on..." since the colonization summary is irrelevant in that case, and that shows either when you press build outpost button in the starmap or while inside. For colonization it shows the colonization summary tooltip both when you're inside the system view as when you click the colonize button.

The only issue I see was the lack of security question when building an outpost. However, if there's something I misunderstood or there's a need I missed please let me know.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. medway

medway Lieutenant

Btw now that the memory is better on my laptop I've been playing there and I also don't get the labels of the planets when I hit colonize.

18. Adam Solo

You mean, you don't see the labels when you hit colonize on your laptop as well or was it on the desktop, or both? Wasn't the problem in your ATI card?

19. medway

medway Lieutenant

I initially only played on the desktop so never got that far on the laptop to test. I've now tried on both of my laptop cards and it doesn't show there either.

As far as the desktop I'm not sure what the issue is.

colonize.png

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  20. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Would it have anything to do with language options?

I am trying to think of things that would be the same across your configuration on the desktop and laptop.

Do you use alternate drivers or perform any non out of the box configuration of your graphics settings?