Planet info when colonizing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by medway, Nov 4, 2018.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

Is there a reason why the names and information about planets disappears when clicking colonize? We get the tooltip info but it would be helpful to retain the other info to make sure we're selecting the correct one without having to memorize it.

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I'm not sure what information you're referring to that you say disappears when clicking colonize and that you'd find helpful to retain. Could you please clarify?

3. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

I am pretty sure he means this:
    Before colonization the info pop up looks like this
    isg2.jpg

after, it is just this
    isg_1.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Thanks for your help rxnnxs. Ok, if it's that medway is referring to, the colonization stats, I assumed they were only relevant at colonization time because all that information is then available in the colony screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

By the way, it would be helpful to colonize from this system view, because, I did not find out how it is possible from the normal system view.
    -> Instead you have to go to the galaxy view, select the colony ship, and then select the system, then the planet. You could implement a button beside the ships that act like the button shown in the next screenshot.

---

And here it comes: What he meant now I fully understand!

When pressing the button
    isg4.jpg
    the view jumps into the system screen. Now, the information is NOT shown!
    And it would be nice if this option would also be possible when we select the systemwith a normal left click from galaxy view.
    And please, could it be possible to ask a security question?!:
    "Are you sure to colonize/build an outpost here"?
    Right now, there is no question, it is just doing it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  6. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks. I think on mine there was nothing at all next to the planet, just the picture of the planet itself but let me double check. And what I meant was before you colonize it.

So before hitting colonize I see the side stats of the world type and then when I click colonize the side stats disappear and I just the see the graphic of all the planets but nothing written next to them, not even their name.

Let me put some screenshots too to make it clearer.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  7. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi this is what I mean.

System Map.png

When I go to the system I can see the planet names and basic qualities.

Colonize.png

When I select my colonizer and click colonize I lose the names and info. I can hover over and get some info but it's not the same.

8. Adam Solo

Oh ok, so you lose all the information when you click colonize. I've never seen that. That information must be presented also when you hit colonize. Can you send us a save so we can inspect what may be happening in the OMIG system? By the way, do you get this odd behavior every time you hit "colonize", in every game you played or just on this particular system?

Thanks!

9. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi Adam, thanks. Will double check but think it was doing this for every system. I've only played one test game so far. About to start a new one so will let you know if it continues there too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. medway

medway Lieutenant

Playing a new game now and still experiencing this. Will send over a save.

Attached Files:

11. Adam Solo

Thanks for sending the save. No luck, I'm afraid. When I click the colonization notification I get to see the system view with all the labels in place.

systemViewLabels.jpg

Maybe this will be fixed for you with the hotfix we will be releasing soon. We know we changed a few things about how the system view is displayed so with a bit of luck that issue will be resolved.

By the way, could you simulate going to colonize (press the colonization button) and then send us your output_log.txt file? You can find it in the same directory you have can find the save files. What's your video card by the way?

12. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi Adam sure will do.

On turn 71 I was unable to proceed. It showed the current date (the banner that appears across the screen each term) but instead of showing it as Human Federation it displayed the AI's faction and leader name as if it was their turn.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  13. medway

medway Lieutenant

You can also see what I described before where the systems that I explored get offset from where they should be. All of my systems are in the bottom right, yet now it's showing it top right.

Explorer.png

14. Adam Solo

Could have loaded that game from inside a nother game with the remote exploration screen open? It it was that we fixed that issue.

If it's not that, do you mean that every time you open your remote exploration screen you get that? Or after closing it and then opening it again it always shows like that?

15. Adam Solo

I loaded this save and was able to proceed, this with the game version you have. Could you describe what happened in more detail, or let me know of the steps I need to make to get stuck and not be able to proceed. As I said, I loaded this save on turn 71 of yours, hit end turn, and the turn proceeded normally. What do you mean you were unable to proceed? You mean the turn got stuck saying "Turn Processing"?

16. medway

medway Lieutenant

Here's the log file after selecting Colonize (but not executing that order).

Videocard is AMD 270x.

Attached Files:

17. medway

medway Lieutenant

I just get this during the time of the end turn bug (where I can't end it.) I restart of the application fixes it (both the ability to end the turn and the exploration screen orientation.)

18. medway

medway Lieutenant

I can too but I have to quit the game and reload. This was the same when I first encountered this bug a week or so ago (reported on another thread, Konstantine had it too.) It's also where I can't zoom into a system.

19. Adam Solo

Ok, about this one we should definitely wait for the hotfix, because there were some issues, including freezes, that were fixed.

Then the bugged remote screen is related with this, so it's probably all the same.

20. Adam Solo

Did not see anything particularly suspicious in the log file. I guess we'll have to wait for the hotfix to see if this problem persists, and then assess what else may be happening if it shows again. Thanks a lot for the log and the reports.