Planet info when colonizing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by medway, Nov 4, 2018.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

It's UK language if that makes a difference. Drivers are all stock. I get the labels before I hit colonize so they do show at some point.

Here's how it looks before I select the colonizer. For some reason it all displays fine here so it doesn't seem like a driver issue.

before colonize.png

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

What's puzzling about this is that you get this behavior in both your laptop and desktop, and in your laptop when running in two different graphics cards. No one else seems to be reporting having this problem, or at least no one has detected it / seen it.

We're currently in the process of releasing a new build. Maybe you can try with that one. Afterwards we'll be sending you a dedicated build to try and sort out the issue, if you don't mind.

Thanks for your patience on this issue as for all the reports and screenshots you've provided.

3. medway

medway Lieutenant

Yes the only common factor seems to be Win 7 at this point.

Let me know when you want me to try another build.

4. Adam Solo

Could be that.

We'll let you know when you're ready. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  5. medway

medway Lieutenant

Btw does this fully support widescreen yet? I just got a new monitor today and tried the game out in that. On the home screen the menu extends a little down the bottom of the screen. In game the research and empire screens also get slightly cut off.

On the ship design screen the heading "Ship Design" gets overlayed on top of the designs. Once inside the design page some of the top parts are going off screen.

It looks like the game is scaling outward and downward instead of just outward (I used to play at 1920x1080).

I've got the resolution set to 2560 x 1080.

6. medway

medway Lieutenant

I found possibly a workaround to this. Today when playing I noticed that when I tried to a build an outpost I saw the info displayed for the bodies in that system correctly. I then tried to colonize another system and it too worked.

I then quit and reload to see if I could reproduce it. This time the outpost or colony action didn't show the information. I then tried going to another system to colonize and it didn't work, either. Going to another system for the outpost ship did work and at that point I was also able to get the colony action to show information when I moved to another system.

So it seems like there is a block on showing this information until an outpost action clears it and then I can see it in colonizing too, but both require going to another system each first.

I'll try to narrow down the conditions further and let you know if I find anything.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Adam Solo

That's great feedback that may provide us with clues about what may be causing this issue for you. Sorry for not being able to send a special build for you yet, as we've been very busy with the main build, fixing bugs and making balance tweaks.

Yes, please let us know if you find anything else that you think could help us solve this.

8. medway

medway Lieutenant

No problem. During this same game I just moved my colonizer to a new system to colonize it. This time I didn't get the info. I then switched over to the outpost ship I still had in the system I was testing it in. I saw the info displayed there fine still. I then switched back to my colonizer and now it showed the info correctly.

So the outpost ships definitely seem to be what triggers the 'fix' but that's only temporary.

And btw thanks for fixing those white dot artifacts in the colony screen.

9. Adam Solo

Ok, so, attempting to build an outpost seems to clear the issue, and then the colonization attempt also shows the labels fine. But, it's temporary, so at a later time the colonization option may not show the labels correctly again.

We think this may be a syncronization issue that causes the labels to not show for you sometimes. It's odd that this happens in two different systems of yours, and even using two different graphics cards in on of the systems. In any case it should not be too hard to solve. We just need a bit more time to stabilize the build and then we'll look into that.

10. medway

medway Lieutenant

Yea that seems to be it. At some point the outpost didn't show either. I think it was on a new game load. In that case sending it to a new system got it working. So far I've been keeping the outpost parked in that system so I can fix the colony screen. I just colonized with my colonizer now though so will see how a new colonizer behaves.

I'll test over on the laptop when I get a chance too just to confirm it works the same there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1