Alpha 10 performance issues beyond turn 340 on huge map

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Khan, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

I'm glad to hear that you could continue your game and that you report no hangs. Yes, in the old save of yours, if the forced tech choice was already in place you had to go back to a previous turn to benefit from the patch. Let us know about the memory consumption, if it is better now.

Thanks a lot!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Khan

Khan Cadet

Hi Adam,

I have some stats from a fresh game I started that should give you an idea of the memory usage and such. It is much better behaved than the vanilla pre-Alpha 10. The only problems I have found is that the sound is not present in the new game, and the exploration of specials seems (at least in this game) to be rather crappy than in previous ones (have gotten several "you got 218 BC", one info about a star system, one (not implemented) found a ship, and no special weapons :( ( I loved those special weapons).

Attached Files:

3. Adam Solo

That's good news Khan. Memory utilization should now be better optimized. However, if you spot unusually large memory usage please let me know.

Regarding sound, can you check the sound volume and the music ON/OFF settings in the game settings?

About your finds in ruins in a new game, well, I guess you were unlucky this time :) When the found ship one is implemented it should be quite a boon, especially in the early game.

Thanks!

4. Khan

Khan Cadet

Music is off, sound is set to 85% of scale.

5. Adam Solo

And you mean you have no sound? If not, try changing the sound volume in the game settings, and switching music to ON. Let me know if you still can't hear sound or music.

6. Khan

Khan Cadet

Nevermind about the sound, one of the hazards of living in a house with 3 teenage wannabe technophiles and a non-technically inclined wife who's not afraid of mucking with equipment when she shouldn't. Someone managed to change the setting of my sound card (first time for that one). Sorry for the false alarm. Found it when I began running diagnostics.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Khan

Khan Cadet

Hi Adam,

Have another save for you. Nothing extraordinary, just a continuation of the previous session I uploaded, with save file included.

Attached Files:

8. Adam Solo

Thanks for the save. So, the feezes and memory usage issues you've mentioned seem to be resolved, can you confirm? If so, I think we can close this topic. However, if you find any performance or memory usage issue let me know.

9. Khan

Khan Cadet

Have not had a freeze or any memory issues in the new executable so far. Looks like it's fixed. :cool:

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. Adam Solo

That's great news Khan. Thanks a lot for helping us fix these issues.

11. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

Thanks for your help troubleshooting this, Khan!

12. Khan

Khan Cadet

No Problem, glad to be of assistance.

Attached another unremarkable set of measurements.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.