FAQ

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by Adam Solo, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Hi everyone,

this is a collection of the more technical frequently asked questions and useful tips to get you started. For the full FAQ please go here.

How can I download the game or get the latest version?

To download the game or update to the latest version, just use your existing download link from humble bundle, as new versions will automatically be available there. If anybody has trouble finding the email with the link you can use the order resender and Humble Bundle will send you a list of your download pages.

Where are my saved games?

In windows 10 they are in: Drive:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG

Note: Please compress the saves, using winzip for example, before uploading the file or it may be rejected by the uploader.

I cannot upload a save using the "upload a file" button, what should I do?

Saves must be compressed, using the zip format or other, before being uploaded.

Add the game to your antivirus's white list

If you are using an antivirus or a firewall program, it might give you warnings when running ISG's executable, or even quarantine the EXE and not let you run the game. We can assure you that this is a false positive. To solve this, you can try to add the game as an exception in your firewall/antivirus. Also, you can try running the game in administrator mode, if the problem still persists.

How many different quality levels are implemented right now, and what does each do?

There are 7 quality levels implemented at the moment. You cannot change the quality in-game, yet, but you can every time you launch the game via the launcher screen.

The 7 current quality levels are:
    • Very High: 120 FPS max/cap; 8x anti-aliasing; full textures quality; very high shadows quality
    • High: 120 FPS cap; 4x anti-aliasing; full textures quality; high shadows quality
    • Normal: 60 FPS cap; no anti-aliasing; full textures quality; high shadows quality
    • Low: 30 FPS cap; no anti-aliasing; medium textures quality; no shadows
    • Very Low: 30 FPS cap; no anti-aliasing; low textures quality; no shadows
    • VSynch 1 ON: Same as Normal but with VSync mode "1" on --> for testing purposes, don't worry about this one
    • VSynch 2 ON: Same as Normal but with VSync mode "2" on --> for testing purposes, don't worry about this one
    How can I close windows of the game that don´t have a close button?

You can use the mouse right button click or use the ESC key.

In combat, how can I move the screen around / pan the combat view?

You can pan the combat view by pressing your mouse right button and by moving your mouse while keeping the button pressed, or by using the keys WASD.

When changing a ship design means that all my ships with previous design will be scrapped ?

No. deleting (or changing) a design does not mean that the already built ships will be scrapped. The ships are built and the relation with game designs ends there.

Where can I find more information about the game to help get me started?

You can find the game's quick start guide manual inside the folder that contains the game. Alternatively, you can also download the guide from the humble bundle link. If you can't find the email with the link you can use the order resender and Humble Bundle will send you your download page.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017