Pre-Alpha 11 Unstable is now available!

Discussion in 'Releases' started by Adam Solo, Nov 1, 2018.

1. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I've had this happen as well, and I have considered replacing the leader with another should one appear. In my case though, I also failed to complete another desire of theirs (provide defense), so the negative opinion is really something I could have prevented. I am viewing this as part of the narrative of my campaign. On the other hand I have a leader that is around 20 opinion already and doing fantastic.

Perhaps an option to give a raise at any time to increase their opinion would be beneficial. Leaders ask for raises already anyway, so paying them off seems reasonable. No, I won't fire them, but how about I pay you 4 more a turn?

I also think when even more desires are added we will see a bit more variety which will help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

Adam, I definitely agree with you. I checked out both of Mezmorki's links, but in my opinion, that was a tempest in a teapot. Give me a good game that I can get seriously involved in, and the ending is just icing on the cake. My only wish for ISG end game is please don't load it with a ton of micromanagement, such as in Alien Crossfire (and to a somewhat lesser extent) MoO2. BTW Mezmorki, this is just my preference, not a criticism of your ideas. I like to think it's important that we all have our say, although I also believe it will not be possible to incorporate everyone's ideas into this or any game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wanderer

Wanderer Ensign

Liebes ISG Team !

Vielen Dank für das umfangreiche und aus meiner Sicht außerordentlich gelungene Update. Es sind momentan zu viele Änderungen, um auf alle in einem Beitrag eingehen zu können. Ich melde mich bald wieder, mit Gedanken zur Sternen- und Systemkarte und zur Kolonieansicht. Es macht aber jetzt schon großen Spaß mit ISG zu spielen. Bis bald.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

It's great to hear you're having fun with the new build. I'm looking forward for your feedback.

5. pnye71

pnye71 Ensign

I'm with Konstantine on this one. Maybe limit them asking to dismiss a rival leader to maybe once every so many turns would be good. I'd say maybe 2/3 to 3/4 as often as it is now...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

I did not have that much time to play, but I already played at some days and had some time.
    Thank you for that much effort you put into it!
    Thank you for the better visible turn-pop up, thank you for the zoomable galaxy, I really missed that! And thank you for the system view - excellent! Thank you! And thanks for the new music!!

Now I come to the things that came to my mind recently:

1) I was wondering for not only the latest version why you place always the YES button to the right and the NO choice at buttons to the left. The standard is the opposite. Is there any reason to this? I got the hang now to it, but at the beginning it is irritating and will for sure be for the most other people too. So you must have a reason. But why? I mean it is like this from the first version (that I know of) and I never thought about asking but now I dare to ask you :)

2) The Music is nice and so calm, but when I am done with a reasearch, it sounds just the same as the music in MOO(4). Noo, please, is there another option? Maybe just let the music still play? Because a, the break is too harsh and:
    2b) after the research report, the music track is replaced by another one. And just before the next music played through, a new research is done. so... I never hear one track in whole.

3) hmmm, just a tiny wish, maybe I asked before.. sorry, maybe for later?! Double clicking a save loads the game?!

Well thats all! I enjoy playing and zooming and exploring. WOW, You just did a great job!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

This is certainly a debated topic online.
    For instance: https://ux.stackexchange.com/questi...th-yes-and-no-buttons-you-put-yes-or-no-first

Also apparently Windows and Mac disagree on the order.
    Some people do express irritation with certain layouts, such as you experienced, from what I've read. To be honest though, prior to you mentioning it here, it is not something I've ever thought about with IS:G. For me at least, it has not caused any issues the way it is currently setup.

It certainly seems to be a more minor issue than the right click vs. left click to move design issue found in some land based 4X games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wanderer

Wanderer Ensign

Sehr geehrte Entwickler von ISG !

Nach einigen Spielen mit dem neusten Baustein möchte ich eine erste Einschätzung des Spieles in mehren Antworten aufgeteilt geben. Es ist natürlich meine persönliche Sicht auf das Spiel.

Los geht es mit der Sternkarte.

Diese ist immer noch an das Vorbild Master of Orion 2 (Ich habe mir zu Testzwecken eine Version besorgt und ausprobiert.)angelehnt , wirkt aber dem Fortschritt entsprechend weicher und natürlicher. Besiedelbare Sternsysteme sind immer noch gut von den anderen Sternen zu unterscheiden. Beim Streckensystem wird jetzt, glaube ich, genau die Phase der Strecke angezeigt wo das Schiff langsamer fliegt (in Nebeln). Der einzige wirkliche Kritikpunkt den ich hier habe, ist das Nachrichtensystem. Speziell die Forschungsnachrichten könnten für meine Geschmack zusammengefasst werden. Wer mehr wissen will klickt ohnehin auf die Systemansicht.
    Optional (meckern auf hohen Niveau) könnten die Sternen- und Planetennebel etwas intensiver leuchten das würde sie strukturierter und nicht so matschig wirken lassen . Außerdem lassen sich die Darknebel kaum erkennen. Mit einem optischen Trick könnte man sie besser sehen – man generiert einfach an ihren Rändern ein paar Statistensterne oder lässt sie in einen hell leuchtenden Planetennebel ragen.

Die Systemansicht wurde radikal verändert und ist jetzt ein echter Hingucker. Vor allem die Sonnen haben es mir angetan. Man kann hier die Sonnenaktivität sehen gelber und roter Stern recht gleichmäßige Aktivität, bei weißen Zwergen“Action“ in der Korona einfach super.Auch sonst gefällt mir die Ansicht recht gut,- man kann alles was man wissen muss gut abrufen. Sogar die Flotte ist zu sehen. Was könnte man noch besser machen? Asteroidengürtel könnten sich in Planetensystemen auch mal zwischen den Planeten befinden. Bei Räuberplaneten sollten keine Planeten welche eine Sonne brauchen (Terra- Sumpf- und Acidplaneten) zu finden sein. Planeten- und Sternnebel könnten entweder durch ein Symbol oder noch schöner durch um hertreibende Wasserstoffwolken uns daran erinnern das es hier zu Einschränkungen kommt. Optional würde ich mir hier noch mehr Vielfalt bei den Gasplaneten ( Farbgebung, Saturnringe) und einige Planeten mit Monden wünschen.

Ebenfalls ein Höhepunkt die neue Kolonie Ansicht. Hier besonders gut gelungen die Gestaltung der Terra- Sumpf- Wüsten- und Barrenplaneten. Ich schaue schon mal drei Minuten bis sich die Wolken verziehen um die Raumstation zu sehen. Auch die 3 D Modelle der Gebäude können sich sehen lassen.Mein persönlicher Liebling hier ist der Weltraumaufzug. Eigentlich müsste er ja eher wie ein umgekehrter Trichter aussehen, aber dieses Modell erinnert mich an Raumschiff Voyager wo Tuborg und Neelix so ein Teil repariert haben. Bei der Ikon Kunst im linken Teil hat sich auch viel getan, hier finde ich den Gravitationsgenerator den Wurmlochstabilisator und die Gegenspionageeinrichtung(wer ist auf die Idee mit dem Raumschiff gekommen) sehr schön. Neue Vorschläge habe ich hier keine nur eine Erkenntnis das im alten Master of Orion 2 wo die Planeten immer unter einem dunklen Sternenhimmel gezeigt wurden- wirkt sehr schön, wenn die Gebäude gut beleuchtet sind – man könnte sich das Räuberplaneten zu Nutze machen. PS.: Auf Sumpfplaneten könnten noch mehr Bäume stehen.

Damit schließe ich für heute.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thanks for your feedback Wanderer. We took note of your criticisms and suggestions and we will consider them for future releases.

10. rxnnxs

rxnnxs Ensign

You are right, it is a debate worth to think about teh pros and cons. and while I also say it should be done from left to right, positive to negative as well as we read, it would be easier to grasp this way.
    Now to say it more clear: When I do a command, i expect the button to answer the question when everething is correct, to be at the left side.

now in ISG the concept is behaving the other way around.

if so, in my feeling, the buttons in the load screen should be changed in order.
    because the "positive" button when loading a game would not be the delete button.

isg8.jpg