System 'frozen'

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by medway, Nov 4, 2018.

1. medway

medway Lieutenant

This applies to version 11.

I sent an outpost ship to build an outpost within a system. I then tried to send another the same turn but couldn't select it as a destination. I was unable to right click to exit it (I had to zoom out with the mouse) or double click it to zoom in and 'enter' it once zoomed out.

Eventually after double clicking and zooming I was able to do both but for a while during this turn it was locked out from that normal behaviour.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. medway

medway Lieutenant

Not sure if it's related but I have a similar situation now I think on the same turn.

I can't advance the turn, click any system to enter it, or change the overview based of filters (the filters don't affect the display).

Attached Files:

3. MalRey

MalRey Developer Lieutenant

Hi medway, thanks for the report. If by chance you have the savegame of the previous turn that would be great. Thanks!

4. medway

medway Lieutenant

Sorry just beat me to it, have edited and uploaded.

5. MalRey

:) thanks !

6. medway

medway Lieutenant

Another thing, the exploration grid was offset. It showed the places I had explored over to the left side of the screen when they should have been the right, almost like a mirror image.

I quit and reloaded the save. I can now use the Overview filters and the Exploration grid is correct but still can't end the turn.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

A bug my friend, I had a similar one where I couldn't get out of system view after destroying the last outpost there. Couldn't advance the turn either. Also related, the system had two outposts. The first one I destroyed, everything went normal. On the following turn, I destroyed the second... but the system view didn't clear it from view and the game froze there. Reload didn't help. So something amiss with outposts and their behavior I would think

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. medway

medway Lieutenant

Thanks Konstantine. I saw your report too as I posted mine but wasn't sure if it was related since they were triggered differently.

I loaded up the autosave from a turn earlier and still couldn't proceed. But quitting the game entirely and reloading seems to have fixed it.

9. Konstantine

Thanks for that, i didn't try that course of action and gave up on a rather interesting session:(

But to be honest, each session has played differently but each has been interesting in different ways, the guys did a good job, but bugs are gonna happen... after all it does say "unstable":)

10. medway

medway Lieutenant

Yes hopefully it works for you as well if you encounter it again.

And yes, it's quite clear what we were getting into so no complaints :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MalRey

Hi medway,

Do you have a previous savegame of that game ? We need to replicate the creation of the outposts in that system. It can be the first turn, we just need the same starmap.

Thanks !

12. medway

medway Lieutenant

Hi, sure including turn 1, 98, and 188.

I'm not 100% that turn 1 is the same game, I might have been experimenting with options around then but it might be.

Attached Files:

• ISG.zip
      File size:
      563.1 KB
      Views:
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

Might have the same (or similar) problem as Medway;. Game froze on turn 5. Instead of Next Turn button, it is replaced by Turn Execution button, and that's the end of the game. This has happened 2 or 3 times (three, I think) always early in the game, turn 5 to turn 8.

14. medway

medway Lieutenant

Was there an issue with zooming in and out of systems? I notice under normal operation if you are zoomed into a system and end turn it first zooms you out. If there's a bug with the zooming maybe that's stopping it from ending the turn.

15. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Thiat issue seems to happen during the turn execution process. Do you have a save that you can share before or just before that happens? Thanks.

16. Konstantine

Turn one always takes the longest for me, I stay patient and it eventually processes, after that it goes smooth, however, I ignore the pan and zoom.

17. Adam Solo

It shouldn't be allowed to press end-turn inside the system view. We'll fix that.

18. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

Yes, I think so. But tell me how to get it to you. Thanks!

19. Adam Solo

The saves are here: C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\LocalLow\Praxis Games\ISG\

Please zip the save and use the "Upload a file" button you see in the lower right corner when posting a comment.

By the way, do you recall of having pressed the End Turn button inside the system view when you get this issue?

20. Joe3

Joe3 Ensign

OK, Adam, here 'tis. Two things: 1) I don't remember if I was in the system view or not, and 2) when I went back into the game it worked just fine! So I've sent auto saves 4 and 5. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

• ISG.7z
      File size:
      149.1 KB
      Views:
    • Helpful Helpful x 1