[Beta] Fighter Bugs and Initial Feedback

Discussion in 'Bug Reports / Tech Support' started by aReclusiveMind, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Konstantine

Konstantine Grand Admiral

For normal ship borne phasors?

Cool

2. Adam Solo

Adam Solo Developer Administrator Grand Admiral

Yes. It is quite a versatile weapon, but that comes with a price.

3. Konstantine

Well. in order for a player to make it versatile in the game, it already had a steep price as the mods don't come for free. If you consider all the mods and the increase in cost and space... add to that the research effort to unlock the mods in the first place... I don't see the reasoning.

I use them extensively, late game they are not as overpowered as you perceive, especially with the reduced to stun %. By late game, (I've taken ISG past turn 300) and faced off against some ships that made the firepower of a Battleship equipped with multiple Phasors seem like "meh"

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Adam Solo

After re-checking Phasors and what you've said, I think the space increase was not for the best. Kept at 30 base space.

As for cost I think it's warranted, especially because of the stun ability and the fact that you can equip both AP and SP in Phasors. Also Graviton is 60 space while Plasma is 150, so 100 seems alright.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Konstantine

Cool, you mean cost at 100? yes, a fair compromise, space requirement stay the same while the cost increases (more so if a player fully takes advantage of mods)

• ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  6. aReclusiveMind

aReclusiveMind Developer Grand Admiral

I see you decided against Phasors getting a space increase but added a cost increase. I hadn't proposed one anyway, so I'm fine with that. Removing armor piercing from them on fighters is enough. I am less concerned about them on regular ships, but a cost increase seems fine too.

I had proposed a space/cost increase for Wurtzite Cannons. Do you think one is warranted for normal ships given the +10 (40%) max damage increase?

Also should Fighter Bays get a slight space/cost increase to accomodate their new power level, or are they fine as-is still? I am not sure either way, but they get pretty small with high miniaturization level.

Everything else looks good to me.

7. Adam Solo

I think we could increase their space and cost a little. After all, a 25 to 35 difference in damage is quite a lot. So, I propose we change 70 cost and 40 space to 100 cost and 50 space. Phasors have 100 cost and 35 space, by the way. Wutzite has double accuracy penalties, so they are more effective at close range.

Fighters require 60 space at the moment. That's 13% space of a battleship and 27% space of a cruiser. I suggest we leave it and then update if we think is required. We have to remember tha fighters are very easily countered with PD weapons, so they may not be as menacing as we may think. That said, if you think we should increase the space requirement let me know.

Note: Fighter bays cost decreases with miniaturization, but space requirements do not, the same for bomber bays.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. aReclusiveMind

Sounds good to me.

I didn't realize that. I noticed they had different space or cost depending on ship size, but I didn't realize miniaturization didn't impact the space requirements.

9. aReclusiveMind

Also good with this.

10. Adam Solo

They have reduced cost with miniaturization (only cost, not space). Cost and space shouldn't change between classes. If it does, let me know.

\Edit: I stand corrected. Cost does change with class, but space does not.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • ThumbsUp ThumbsUp x 1
  11. aReclusiveMind

Just wondering if you were able to look into these items?

12. Adam Solo

We could resolve item 2. The others will have to wait for post-release.

• Helpful Helpful x 1